Tuesday 23 December 2014

Moskito creek landscape

Not documentary for once and of course, totally out of my comfort zone with wide angle landscape. It was so hard to ignore the Azure Kingfisher. Also not used to being a meal for moskitos and sandflies. They even made me miss the golden hour and the time to experiment with longer exposure times.

Plan was to take my time to set up and frame my shot properly and wait for the golden red light (not that it eventuated that day though). Out of plan and any prediction, a boat arrived before I had explored all my options. Should have had time to work this scene properly.

This is my favourite shot, probably because the sky looks so dramatic. I was totally ecstatic about the blue gap and the contrast. Took more photos of this scene with various exposures. Had in mind to try some multi-exposure stitching to get the foreground a bit lighter. But actually, I like the darkness of the mangroves. It was time to go home soon anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment