Friday 2 January 2015

Landscape 1 to 5

Just doodeling with my iphone.

1
 Am happy with the picture but would have preferred a big snake in the sky rather than a mushroom. I love the overgrown trees, the row of trees and some clouds emanating from the gap in them. With a better sky, this picture would have had more potential.

2
 Frankly, I like this picture and it is my favourite in this series. It works for me. To me it is interesting in all its parts. It could maybe be improved with a passing, red and blurred formula 1 race car, preferably my own Ferrari if I had one, on the path. But other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

3
 What I like about this shot are the puffy clouds in the middle, arranged like dots of cream on a cake and with some distant clouds reflecting in the water. I also like the tension between the bushes linked by the beach, the water wedging two different greens from the pasture and the mangroves. Whenever I am at this place, I can not help wanting to be behind the mangroves, submerged a few metres, scuba diving right under the distant clouds.

4
 This situation had probably the most potential. I tried to work the scene but could not get the light right. Something is wrong and I still can't see what it is. Oh, it'll come to me one day. It is still an impressive picture in my books.

5
Here is another take on the scene in picture 4. As much as I liked the sky and the landscape, I could not get the light right. The right is a black disaster. But I am starting to realise that I am into dark, obscured, sombre scenes with lots of contrast and story in the sky. It's the same issue as with one of my Moskito creek pictures. So why change it! Maybe some filter might help one day.

Hope you enjoyed. Always happy to get a feedback and could certainly do with some hints.

No comments:

Post a Comment