Sunday 25 January 2015

Superb Fairy-Wren

Another set of superb Fairy-Wrens.

1
 With picture 1 and 2 I tried to showcase a symmetry that I observed. Both pictures were taken within a minute from each other. The birds seem mirroring and mimicking each other's poses on a grass haulm, calling each other. Picture 2 is unedited and with picture 1 I tried to get the same colour tones.

2

3
 The picture is totally unedited. Apart from the bird I like the colours and lines, the grass and other growth that show the animal in its natural environment.

4
 This picture is cropped to the left. When I composed I wanted to separate the two males. But I think it is kind of cute that the female is calling them over. Just making clear that I am not aspiring for the Guinness Book of World Records in how many individuals of a species or other taxonomic group can fit into a single photo frame.

5
It looks like the female has made her choice and looks like she is happily flirting with her new boy-friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment